Filter materials aquarium
If you are unsure that are filter materials and function meet, You have come to the right place. If there is an element of the aquarium to which we should pay attention continuously, it is the filterâ € |sobre all if we find that is not properly performing its function. The proper functioning of the filter depends most of the time of the state of the filter materials from within. Aquarium filter materials have a finite useful life. Depending on the population of your aquarium, should be changed every four or 6 weeks.
advice: do not change all the filter media at the same time. Lose much of the colony of nitrifying bacteria and consequently, we would have a little mess up.
Filtration in the aquarium and the filter materials
Life inside the aquarium depends largely on the quality of water. Among the essential elements to maintain that quality, They are filters and filter materials. The filters perform three types of water leaks:
- mechanical filtration. Through filters remove much of the solid waste in water, besides favoring the appearance of nitrifying bacteria.
- biological filtration. Biological filtration favors the appearance of nitrifying bacteria. Bacteria are responsible for removing and transforming harmful substances in water, and which arise through the breakdown of food fish and also by the physical waste of the fish themselves.
- chemical filtration. With chemical filtration we eliminate other types of waste in water, such as chlorine and heavy metals. Chemical filtration is also necessary and indispensable, after using drugs in the aquarium, aimed at eliminating any kind of health problem. Another function of the chemical filtration, it is modify the parameters of the water, as pH or hardness.
For each of these filtering processes, the filter needs a number of filter materials, they are the ones who will retain the various elements or substances that we want to eliminate.
Function and order of the different filter media within the filter
So that the filters do their job properly, We must also place the filter materials in the proper order, You see that it is completely logical:
Dirty water flow, originating in the aquarium
â¬‡ï¸?? At last, water will clean at the other end of the filter
mechanical filtration in the aquarium
Mechanical filtration It is the first barrier performance of a filter, which aims to remove particles present in suspension in water. Among these particles we will have leftovers, dregs, dust from the sustratoâ € |
Some of these items, if they are not eliminated, They are rotting and end up affecting the quality of water. Occasionally we have to perform maintenance, eliminating all waste from the filters and proceeding to change the filters with new ones. This task must be performed at least once a month. Â¿Y which materials are used for mechanical filtration? Well sponges or foamex aquarium and wool Perlon:
Foamex aquarium, sponge filter
Filters containing materials to be changed to the least once a month, other elements may not need to change them so often, how sponges, you can hold in good condition for much longerâ € |puede more than one year. The foamex should be cleaned once a month, always using water aquarium, never tap. Take some water in a bowl and proceed to clean the € |no filtroâ not ever clean in the aquarium.
The filter is a material perlon positionable in place sponges or in combination with them. This is a filter materials related to touch cotton, what It is responsible for filtering smaller particles that pass through the sponge. Although you can clean and better durability, it should be replaced frequently.
Biological filters are always placed after mechanical filters. His physical function not retain any substance present in the aquarium. Your mission is promote the development of nitrifying bacteria and Nitrobacter, which are responsible for ammonia and remove the nitrites present in water, converting nitrate, much less toxic to fish and aquatic plants beneficial. Biological materials are porous filter, for bacteria can nest inside. Some of the biological materials used are usually:
Balls aquarium filter aquarium canutos
Its function is maintaining an active bacterial colony within the filter (biofilter). They are very stable materials and rarely deteriorate, so you do not need routine changes so.
chemical filtration of the aquarium
Chemical filtration of the aquarium to improve the quality of water, focusing on elements that the previous filter materials have been unsuccessful. Chemical filter materials They are mainly used for:
- Remove substances that should not be present in the water, how are the heavy metals, chlorine and drug residues.
- Acting on the parameters of the water, for example modify their pH or hardness of the water. Also to remove tannins released by wood, If we have placed a new trunk in the aquarium.
- Remove yellowing of the water (Maybe for wood) or also remove undesirable odors.
- End suspended dustâ € |que can cause the moving the substrate.
Chemical filter materials, always They should be placed last in the filter. There are some chemical filter media can be maintained continuously, as active charcoal, but those designed to modify parameters, as they are the adificantes peats or absorbent resins, They should limit its use to achieve the desired effect. Chemical filter materials most used are:
Activated carbon has the function to remove very small particles, and also It is very useful for retaining remnants of drugs and chemicals we use so recurring in the aquarium. Should change it to the month once, as it loses its power saturates and filtration.
To know more, Visit my special: Activated carbon
a company acidificantes
Acidifying mobs basically They have the function of influencing the pH of the water down levels. Tannic and humic added to the aquarium water.
More concepts about aquarium filters
You could also be interested in ...
- 1 Filtration in the aquarium and the filter materials
- 2 Function and order of the different filter media within the filter
- 3 mechanical filtration in the aquarium
- 4 biological filtration
- 5 chemical filtration of the aquarium
- 6 More concepts about aquarium filters
- 7 You could also be interested in ...
- 8 Aquarium filters
- 9 Pond
- 10 Accessories Aquariums
- 11 Cleaning and maintenance of the Aquarium
- 12 Aquarium Lighting
- 13 Aquarium Decor
- 14 Aquarium plants, Accessories, Fertilizers and Substrates
- 15 Best Food for aquarium fish
- 16 aquaria. Guide To Buying an Aquarium Online