If you're thinking riding a marine aquarium, sure this guide will help you do it in the best conditions, make the fewest possible errors and your marine aquarium to function properly in the long run. There is a false impression that a marine aquarium is more difficult to maintain than freshwater aquarium. This is false, Anyone can have a marine aquarium, even without previous experience. Nor it will cost us a lot of time keep it in good condition, at least, not much longer than it would cost maintaining the freshwater aquarium. The important thing here is the habitat type we will recreate. There are some really simple and do not require too many complications, as well as there are easier or more difficult fish to breed in the marine aquarium. As for the choice of fish, It is true that there are easier to keep marine fish, and others that are more delicate, but also that problem we have a freshwater aquarium. Certain species of fish are not easy to keep in captivity, while others adapt easily to life in an aquarium. To start with marine aquarium, we must consider the size. A marine aquarium for beginners should have at least one 200 liters, is a size aquarium we can minimize any potential rookie mistake ... I know you may I would like to start with a nano aquarium marino, but I do not think it's the best choice. From that minimum size, we can buy the aquarium we like, taking into account the type of fish that will breed and quantity.
- 1 Location Aquarium
- 2 Water aquarium
- 3 Water quality. Filters for aquarium
- 4 Skimmer
- 5 Substrate and the marine aquarium decoration
- 6 illumination
- 7 Â¿Cuánto time must pass to be able to introduce fish in a marine aquarium?
- 8 Feeding
- 9 For marine aquarium fish
- 9.1 Spider fish
- 9.2 Napoleon fish
- 9.3 stonefish
- 9.4 Lion fish
- 9.5 Clown Triggerfish
- 9.6 Mandarin fish
- 9.7 Parrotfish
- 9.8 Seahorse
- 9.9 Pez Murcielago
- 9.10 Scorpion fish
- 9.11 Cow fish, longhorn cowfish
- 9.12 Damselfish Verde, Chromis Viridis
- 9.13 Blue Surgeonfish, Acanthurus coeruleus
- 9.14 Clownfish, Amphiprion Ocellaris
- 10 Tips on caring for saltwater fish
The marine aquarium It should be placed in a place of the house where he receives little direct light, or any direct light. The reason is obvious, prevent the proliferation of algae.
If the aquarium will have more than 300 liters, we must review the chosen place can take it without problems, and the table where we will place. As a precaution and to absorb any kind of irregularity of the surface where we place, or unevenness of the floor, it is advisable to place under the aquarium a sheet of expanded polystyrene or some of the materials for this purpose are sold on the market.
Once placed in its final location, we must clean the aquarium. Not forget that in their manufacture have used all kinds of chemicals, and in handling it will have filled footprints. For cleaning avoid chemicals, only sponge, clear water and products suitable for aquariums. Failing, We can use bleach diluted in water at the 5%.
Once the aquarium is already clean and dry, we can begin to fill it with water. Ideally the water use will be filtered by a reverse osmosis system, but if not possible, water from the tap can also go well, if it contains nitrates, phosphates, cloros, ni silicic acid. As possible it is that the tap water has chlorine. Chlorine vaporizes, so we could use water from the tap letting it stand 24 hours.
The water's temperature must be moved about 25, preventing fall below 20 ° C and 29 ° C does not rise. Although for a few days we will not introduce fish in the aquarium, the water should go taking the proper temperature. For common and maintain the temperature of the aquarium We must use a termocalentador. In the market there are several types of aquarium heaters, although the most popular are submersibles.
Density of water
To this water, must be added sea salt for aquaria, that is, first the water and then put salt, never reverse. Water has reached a density of approximately 1.025 gr/cm3, we will modify depending on the needs of marine fish that we will introduce. The density should be measured and hot water, as the water becomes less dense when it is warmer, and backwards.
Water quality. Filters for aquarium
- Easytest with 50 test strips water.
- Strips for analysis 6 important water values in 1 minute.
- nitrites (NO2) Zero to 10 mg / l.
- Measure the pH of 6,4 a 9,zero.
To maintain optimum water quality, you have to place filters. These filters can be installed inside the aquarium or even outside form. Usually internal filters usually come with Kit marine aquarium, because they are more economical. External filters tend to be ideal for an aquarium sized, because of their greater filtering capacity. Although to be honest, Currently the filtering capacity of each other has greatly improved filters. As a rule to choose the right aquarium filter, depending on the size of the aquarium, You should be able to filter three times the amount of the liters of the aquarium. Thus a complete marine aquarium a hundred liters, you will need a filter 450 liters per hour. The important thing when we choose a filter aquarium, It is that it fits correctly to the size of the aquarium, and offer us mechanical filtering, of biological and chemical water.
The Skimmer They are not essential in a marine aquarium, but we could say that are desirable. They are responsible for reproducing the natural process of churning waves at sea, therefore also they called skimmers. When the sea water bat through the waves, what it does is introduce air into water. The air trap elements decaying, such as proteins and lipids, foam generating that we see on the crest of the waves and the sea shore. The Skimmer what they do is help keep clean the water of the marine aquarium. Collect water, the beat introducing air, the air collects nitrates and other waste, They eliminate these wastes and return clean water to the aquarium.
Substrate and the marine aquarium decoration
The decoration of the marine aquarium can contain various materials: corals, silex, calcareous rocks, lava blocks, and of course substratum, which can be sand coral and calcareous sand. Prohibited materials in the decoration of a marine aquarium: wood and metal objects. The aquascaping We advise that before proceeding to mount an aquarium, We must make us some sketches, list the necessary materials and prepare before starting to assemble the aquarium. A good thought is mount design before entering the aquarium water, to see how it looks.
Lighting is another point to consider in the marine aquarium, as lighting excessive algae will proliferate and poor lighting, will result in fish health and all living elements of the aquarium. In the market there are many types of lights for aquarium, even, the aquarium we buy may come with its own installation. Some of the types of lamps for aquarium that they can be included are:
- Metal vapor lamps. In this case it is convenient to use lamps D, Pure simulating lamps light and avoid NDL, neutral white.
- Fluorescent tubes. Fluorescent offer high luminous efficiency, so it is preferable to use fluorescent T5, having a diameter of 16mm.
- In a marine aquarium should be installed at least two fluorescent, if three are installed, You can add one color blue.
- LED lighting. LED technology provides proper lighting at low cost. To know the ideal parameters, Store your ordinary consultation.
Â¿Cuánto time must pass to be able to introduce fish in a marine aquarium?
The marine aquarium needs a period of adaptation, until the water conditions are right to reproduce marine life. This process usually lasts about three months, where we have to go gradually adapting the aquarium, and only when we check that everything it is correct, we can introduce fish and / or invertebrates.
Implementation of the marine aquarium
Before introducing any fish, it is desirable to adapt gradually the aquarium and water to the optimal conditions. For one week we must make up the aquarium, with all its elements, substratum, decor, and so forth, running your filter and water heater, but without any lighting. A two-week Cape, we will be lighting aquarium lighting progressively. The first day will keep the light one hour, the second two and so progressively to ten hours of illumination. After the first week the aquarium is unlit, You can add live rock reef progressively.
By measuring the quality of water
During these three months of preparation and development of the aquarium water, this will go through different phases, until conditions are appropriate. In the first phase we will see the growth of green algae filamentous appearance, the substrate can be seen covered with diatoms and later may appear higher algae. You can give the impression that the water is in good condition, but it is wrong. It is not yet prepared to withstand the pollution they produce food and fish waste, and if we make any copy, you may die within a few days. During this adaptation process, we should be checking the water quality at all times, to correct any problems, if necessary. After three months have elapsed advised to water the aquarium is in good condition (and no proliferation of algae), proceed to gradually introduce the various inhabitants of the aquarium.
The fish feeding It's very important, both the fish themselves, to maintain quality of the water. They should be fed every day, but only the amount to be eaten, to prevent debris from settling on the bottom of the aquarium. In addition seawater fish, can be introduced invertebrates. The marine invertebrates feed trace elements, which can be added to the aquarium water, following the manufacturers' recommendations. Although not tricky ride a seawater aquarium, if appropriate following the above tips, to make the process enjoyable and not have any problems.
For marine aquarium fish
These are some of species that can enter in your marine aquarium, and I have spoken in the weblog:
- The article is easy to install and use. Fairly dirty things from the bottom of your aquarium effectively. Support two sizes of pipe…
- Siphon tube supplied. Caudal 520 liters per hour.
- With this tool, You can remove dirt from the bottom of your aquarium. Supplied with two sizes of suction tube, It is suitable for…
- It can also be used as a water trap to change the water, or to empty your aquarium when connecting a hose to the outlet.
Tips on caring for saltwater fish
- It controls the level of salt is maintained at optimum parameters, between 1.020 Y 1.023 mg / l.
- Before mixing different species, discover its compatibility. In each of the tabs, You have their character and other fish can share space.
- Every inhabitant of the aquarium needs your living space. It is important not cram too many copies within a small space, what it seems to us enough, It may not be for each of the species, everyone needs a size aquarium and a certain amount of water.
- Make sure all fish eat. There are very slow species that are not disputing the food good, while others are too fast and voracious.
- Lighting monitors. This has to be correct, We are playing a habitat Pure: hours and intensity, They must resemble the biotope to play.
- The temperature is very important to sustain life in the aquarium. Saltwater fish come mostly from tropical areas, the temperature should be between 15 ° C and 27 ° C.
- Observe the quality of the water, makes frequent checks, performs periodic water changes and keep clean the inside of the aquarium.