Fluorescent Best For Aquarium
Inside the aquarium lighting, fluorescent aquarium are the most traditional alternativeâ € |hasta a few years ago, It was the option that was on the complete aquariums by default. highlight as Key features of fluorescent tubes:
- They are lighting systems They need a transformer and the lamp unavoidable.
- They are fairly inexpensive, being significantly lower costs to the system LED displays.
- They are simple to install, They do not require skilled labor, anyone can change a fluorescent lamp.
- Another advantage is that it is easy to calculate the amount of light emitted, always taking into account the relationship between watts and liters of water of the aquarium.
normal or specific fluorescent aquarium
fluorescent, They are only fluorescent. We must learn to identify data provided to us manufacturers, to understand whether the fluorescent tube are going to buy fits what we need for our aquarium. We will find an abbreviation such as this:
T5 HE 28w/830 a hundred and fifteen cm 3000k
- T5, It refers to a (T) fluorescent tube of a given diameter, in this case 5. The most common aquarium are the tubes t5 and t8, how I will discuss below.
- 28w, is the electrical power consumed.
- 830, we referred to the shade temperature and color rendering index (IRC). It is a three-digit code formed. For a planted aquarium, It is good that the first number is eight or higher. The 8 It tells us that we appreciate the colors are very close to those who see with Pure light. The next two digits, They refer to the temperature of the coloration, in kelvins. About, sixty five (6500k) It is a light white light equivalent to noon, 50 (5000k) Pure white light is, forty and 27 They refer to warm light, equivalent to the sunrise and sunset.
- Los a hundred and fifteen cms, obviously, They refer to the length of the fluorescent tube.
- the 3000K, They are incorporated in the reading of the three digits and refers to the type of light.
A fluorescent 830, would sunset lighting, rather warm and not suitable for a planted aquarium.
Types of fluorescent aquarium. Difference between t5 and t8 tubes
If you want to install a fluorescent lighting, or want to change your fluorescent cast, you will find that on the market there are two different options, pipes and tubes t8 t5. Sometimes it is not very clear the difference between them, is basically the tube t8 is larger in diameter than the t5, and it is less efficient in terms of lighting and energy expenditure:
- T8 fluorescent aquarium: This type of fluorescent tube is the most common. Tubes are traditional, with 26 mm diameter, because they are popular and cheap, They are common in the aquarium kits. They are the least efficient, They spend a lot of watts per lumen.
- T5 fluorescent aquarium: is the alternative that is created to improve the electricity consumption of fluorescent tubes T8. A better light emitting and have optimal penetration into the water column. His appearance is smaller with a diameter of only 16 millimeter. They take up little space.
These two models are the most common fluorescent for aquarium. However, there are other variables to consider: fresh water, saltwater, if he aquarium is planted and the recent combination of fluorescent and LEDs.
Fluorescent lamps for freshwater aquariums
In the freshwater aquarium it is very important to consider your height, to determine what type of fluorescent is the most appropriate. In the case of fish tanks that do not exceed 60 cm, the best is using fluorescent t5, because these lights are compact and do not take up much space in a small aquarium. Instead, If the aquarium is very high then you need to choose the type of fluorescent t8. Â¿La reason? For these fixtures are more capable of illuminating in water density. further, it is easier to emit light for plants to make photosynthesis. After all, one usually be planted aquarium and is a sort of ecosystem more complex.
Fluorescents for saltwater aquariums
In this case, It is required to meet certain characteristics. For it, It needs to emit fluorescent tubes called actinic light. ÀWhat it is actinic light? Well, It is a light that oscillates between 400 Y 480 nm. It is the kind of lighting that have corals and saltwater algae in the upper regions of the oceans. We must make it clear that This light is also often used in planted aquariums. And it is that it is ultimate for aquatic plants. Equally, if used in excess to actinic fluorescent aquarium may also appear unwanted plants. Explicit on this subject in, we will give some considerations below.
Fluorescent tubes for planted aquariums
It should be borne in mind that contemporary aquariums tends much to the landscaping. Not only it has the fish, but seeks to recreate a natural environment, to conceal the maximum glass walls. There are aquariums where you appreciate corals and lots of plants, where fish move as if they were in their natural ecosystem. Fluorescent for planted aquarium should ensure that plants generate photosynthesis, creating a balance between CO2 and oxygen necessary for live fish puree way. fluorescent, in these cases, suit certain measures are often called peers in the universe of aquariums. These pairs are types of lights used to promote the growth of certain aquatic plants, and to prevent the occurrence of other. Such pairs are mentioned below:
- 380-450 nm: It is located in the violet light and bluish area of the light spectrum. Thus, is very frequent use of the blue fluorescent tubes for aquarium. This light helps most algae green color.
- 650-750 nm: orange and reddish concerns range of the light spectrum. They use plants with red hues, same that instead of chlorophyll have a substance called carotenoids.
The above-said aspects must be considered in the fluorescent aquarium plants.
Fluorescent tubes LED aquarium
In recent times they have appeared LED fluorescent tubes. Â¿En what they are? Are tubes having a light emitting diode which tend to replace conventional fluorescent tubes. They have many advantages. That is why many times it tends to change fluorescent aquarium led by.
Happens that a fluorescent tube led aquarium It works without transformer (ballast). To this it is added that no harmful mercury that boast typical fluorescent aquarium that have been used for many decades in the world of aquariums. To explain this better, We indicate the advantages of this innovative lighting technology peceras:
- Allow save 60% power. This happens because they eliminate the ballasts and starters.
- Their life expectancy is longer: last up 35.000 hours, that is to say, 5 times longer than conventional fluorescent aquarium.
- They offer a great luminosity, It is highly effective in aquaria with pronounced height dimensions.
- Are available in both formats led fluorescent t8 aquarium and aquarium led fluorescent t5.
- Light immediately. Nor they have the problem that the light keeps blinking.
- They offer a wide choice of light: cold, neutral and pairs.
- They are fully free of toxic substances and are less polluting the environment.
As is appreciated, happens that fluorescent alternatives are vast aquarium. Therefore, you have to know them assess and understand the benefits of these lighting systems in aquariums. Resta also say They are very economical, thus it is an excellent alternative for those with tight budgets.