Â¿Cuál is the best aquarium filter market?
Aquarium filters are necessary to maintain the quality of the water inside the aquarium, and consequently, that life inside the aquarium possible. Not only help keep water clean by removing impurities, They are vital to maintaining colonies of bacteria, which in turn they are essential to maintain proper water parameters. Unfiltered an aquarium is a death trap for fish and plants. Therefore it is very important to choose, between the different options available, and to help in that election, I have prepared a comparison of those likely to be the best aquarium filters at this time.
Comparison of the best filters for the aquarium 2019
- 1 Â¿Cuál is the best aquarium filter market?
- 2 Comparison of the best filters for the aquarium 2019
- 3 ÀWhat buy fish tank filter? Best Value aquarium filter
- 4 bag filter AquaClear 20
- 5 Tetra EX800 Plus
- 6 JBL Cristal Profi e902
- 7 Fluval U2
- 8 Eheim Basic 250
- 9 ÀWhat are filters for aquarium?
- 10 Â¿Por which are so important for the aquarium filters?
- 11 Aquarium filter types
- 11.1 Internal filter for aquarium
- 11.2 Filter bag filters or cascaded
- 11.3 External filters for aquarium
- 12 Other types of filters for aquarium
- 13 Filtering systems, types of filter
- 14 Â¿Cómo choose a filter aquarium?
- 15 The best filters analyzed the web
- 16 More ideas about aquarium filters
- 17 You could also be interested in ...
- 18 Pond
- 19 Accessories Aquariums
- 20 Cleaning and maintenance of the Aquarium
- 21 Aquarium Lighting
- 22 Aquarium Decor
- 23 Aquarium plants, Accessories, Fertilizers and Substrates
- 24 Best Food for aquarium fish
- 25 aquaria. Guide To Buying an Aquarium Online
ÀWhat buy fish tank filter? Best Value aquarium filter
bag filter AquaClear 20
Reviews buyers cascade filter AquaClear 20
Tetra EX800 Plus
Reviews from buyers of the external filter Tetra EX800 Plus
JBL Cristal Profi e902
Reviews from buyers of the external filter JBL Cristal Profi E902
Reviews of purchasers of the internal filter Fluval U2
Eheim Traditional 250
Reviews from buyers of the outer filter Eheim Traditional 250
ÀWhat are filters for aquarium?
If you are starting with acuariofilia, you're wondering the importance of filters for aquarium, they are and are really needed. I'll tell you the filters are mechanisms that have the mission to filter water from the aquarium, to remove impurities that may contain. They take water from the aquarium and passed through a series of filtering materials, and once biologically purified, the re-introduced into the aquarium. The most important piece of the filters is the bomb, which is sucking water from the aquarium, the forced through filters and returned to the aquarium. According to its position, Aquarium filters are divided into two groups, exterior and interior.
- External filters, They are placed outside the aquarium. They are indicated for large aquariums.
- Indoor aquarium filters are the ones inside the aquarium. They are typically mounted in small aquariums.
Â¿Por which are so important for the aquarium filters?
Stagnant water deteriorates if it is not filtered and oxygenates. A self-deterioration of water, we must add that cause the fish we have in water, They are leaving food scraps and wastes from its own physiological. In a natural environment, physiological food remains and fish produce, They break down and end up being prosecuted by nature without any problems. But in an aquarium this does not happen. The amount of organic remains far exceeds the limits that the aquarium can process bioconverted. Al closing decomposition process generates toxic elements for fish. We must provide the aquarium filtration system, so that the water quality is assured and fish life does not run any risk.
Aquarium filter types
It may seem to be a countless huge fish tank or aquarium filters, and it is true, because each manufacturer offers a wide range of filters, intended to cover all the needs that users pose them. Basically there are two types of filters, external and internal. I think it is clear that the internal filters, They are within the aquarium, while external are outside the aquarium. So, depending on where the filter and installed its own characteristics, we find we have the following types of filters:
Internal filter for aquarium
Internal filters, as its name indicates, They are placed inside the aquarium. Currently there are very efficient internal filters, as well as any other filter type filter. Its position in the inside of the aquarium offers advantages and disadvantages.
Advantages of internal filters aquarium
- Silenciosos. The aquarium itself dampens any noise that may occur.
- They are very simple to use.
- basically They are designed for small aquariums, that many of those sold.
- They are very, but very cheap.
Disadvantages of indoor aquarium filters
- They take up space inside the aquarium, which could be occupied by fish, decor, € plantasâ |
- If we can not hide them well, are quite anti-aesthetic.
- Require more maintenance other models of filters.
Filter bag filters or cascaded
It's curious, they are called filters cascaded because, to the filter on, the water returns to the aquarium falling like a waterfall. And backpack, why They are placed on the side or back of the aquarium, as if they had hung a backpack. To the As with internal aquarium filters, There are advantages and disadvantages:
Advantages of bag filters
- They do not take up space inside of the aquarium
- have a great power filtration, you have cascaded filters for aquariums 300 liters or more
- Support different configurations in the filter materials
- They are very easy to handle, and require less maintenance
Disadvantages of waterfall filters
- Greater noise than internal filters
- Limitation (While internal) in terms of the size of the aquarium
- If you can not hide, remain quite anti-aesthetic
External filters for aquarium
External filters are placed outside the aquarium and can remain completely hidden, usually under the aquarium. They have many advantages over other filters and is mounted aquariums routine them large format, but gradually and because of the great advantages, a greater number of fans use them. They consist of a number of gums, that extract and return the water to the aquarium, connected to a vessel where the filter materials are.
Advantages of external filters for aquarium
- Greater filterability none of the other options
- Configuring completely customized filtering materials
- They are greatly reduced maintenance and cleaning
- Just Noise, it also placed hidden in furniture
- We won in aesthetics, They are not in sight
Disadvantages of external filters aquarium
- Habitually, not always, They are more expensive
- We need to have a place to hide
Other types of filters for aquarium
Most of us will buy a filter that fits into the above categories, but there another set of filters to situations much more concrete and aquariums:
Filter sponge, the gambarios
Sponge filters sold for aquarium, They are often used especially in gambarios, so delicate care resulting prawns, that they could be sucked into other filters. Its operation is very simple. Filters are equipped with sponges, They are providing a very high efficiency biological filtration. The filter It is connected to a air pump, that recirculates the water through the pores of the sponge. Within the bacterial colonies grow sponge necessary for the proper functioning of the aquarium, to the water pass through the sponge, this ammonia is neutralized in water and the particles are retained larger. It requires weekly maintenance, cleaning sponges with water from the aquarium itself.
Sump sump or aquarium
The Sump do not usually see much freshwater aquariums, They are more typical of marine aquarium they usually have a large and they require a large capacity filter. basically They are a tank located under the main aquarium, where it performs the filtering process, a filter identical regular aquarium. As there is usually plenty of room, you can also put all kinds of accessories, in the case of a marine aquarium, electricity Skimmer. Those who use a Sump in your aquarium stand out as major advantages:
- High capacity filtration, above any commercial filter
- Maintains the surface completely clean the aquarium, because they function as the overflow pool
- Greater aeration of water
- Greatly reduces water changes necessary for the maintenance of the aquarium
In marine aquariums, electricity Skimmer It serves to remove much of the biological remains of the aquarium. They function related to the waves, beating the aquarium water to remove urea and other fish waste. Not necessary, because if we have a good filter could avoid, but yes They are a supplement that improves the quality of the water in the aquarium. In freshwater aquariums do not work traditional Skimmer, Skimmer used surface. Your mission is prevent a grease film is produced on the surface of the aquarium, to improve gas exchange. Some filters already incorporate this feature, so you do not need to buy any separate accessory.
Filtering systems, types of filter
Although from the beginning I'm talking about the filters of the aquarium as if they were the only element that influences the quality of the water, actually it is not so. Aquarium filters are part of what would be a filtering system. A filtering system consists of filter and all those elements that help the cycle nitrogen is carried out. In that sense types of filter can be:
So that the quality of water is adequate, the most important part (indispensable) it is biological filtration of the aquarium. We got a biological filtration of the aquarium, favoring the emergence of bacteria involved in the nitrification process water. The bacteria settle in porous materials, such as sponges mechanical filters, but also They are present in the substrate aquarium, the sand, gravel or Aquarium stones. It can enhance its appearance adding the porous materials aquarium, as balls and beads ceramic.
Mechanical filtration clean solid particles held in suspension in water, preventing them from reaching the bottom of the aquarium, which already it depends on the biological filter which deteriorate. It has its limitations, as residues which are absorbed by the filter continue the decomposition process in the filter, it may even be the case that the smaller particles are not completely removed and return to the aquarium. Mechanical filters, They have a number of items to be cleaned so common, even some of the filter material must be replaced periodically, that can not be cleaned. For the filter to fulfill its mission as best as possible, ideally placing a filter element with coarser pores (sponge), retaining the largest and one behind elements with finer pore, for particles smaller.
Maintenance of the mechanical filter
Keep the filters in perfect condition assures us that water quality is optimal.
- Maintenance of the filters have to be periodic, but it is essential if we look at the flow rate of the water pump pours the aquarium has decreased.
- Sponge filter contains most of the bacteria responsible for nitrification. The cleaning can smoothly, but we will only do in-depth, If we know that there are other colonies of bacteria.
- If we remove all bacteria have a big problem Cycled.
- We must never use tap water, containing chlorine and is lethal to bacteria. What supreme is fresh water taken from the aquarium itself.
- Some filter materials can not be cleaned, once the filter is saturated and must be discarded with a new one.
chemical filtration of the aquarium
Chemical filtration of the aquarium It is carried out as something exceptional, when we have a particular problem with the quality of the water, we must solve immediately. An ordinary trick is use activated carbon to collect the remains of medicines, when they are no longer needed. What is sought with chemical filtration is:
- Modify the hardness of the water
- Changing the pH of the water
- Neutralize the occurrence of heavy metals
- Eliminate odors that can produce water
- Correcting the color of the water
- They are also useful for trapping toxins
Chemical filters must be placed after mechanical filters, this is, behind sponges. The most common are the activated carbon, peat and absorbent resins. Once they have served their purpose, we must completely remove. is not clean, nor serve other times.
Â¿Cómo choose a filter aquarium?
In the market there are lots of filters, thought for all types of aquariums and terrariums. There are many ways to know which is the filter that best suits your needs, but you can rule filters using the following questions:
ÀWhat big is my aquarium? Flow liters / hour
The ability of the filter to perform its work is measured in liters / hour. The filter you choose should be able to move three times the liters of your aquarium in an hour. For example, If you have an aquarium 40 liters, the filter should have a flow rate of a hundred and twenty liters / hour.
ÀWhere I will put my aquarium?
Filters are best sellers internal filters aquarium. These filters are placed within the aquarium, with consequent loss of useful space. However they are the perfect solution, If space is limited for our aquarium, or will in a visible place where it would be anti-aesthetic place a filter bag or an external filter. As you see, know where we will place our aquarium, and calculating the space available, We help you make the decision on the filter that we use.
Types of filtrates
Filters can perform three types of filtration:
The most simple filters made only mechanical filtration, Y the most complete filters are capable of performing mechanical filtration, Chemical and Biological. In a very small aquarium filter is not needed very complex, but in a large aquarium (or lots of fish) should contemplate all the filtering options.
Ease of handling and cleaning
Aquarium filters must be manipulated to change the flow, to clean the filter or to replace materials. In any case, They need to be manipulated from time to time. A filter too cumbersome to handle can be frustrating, not to mention that you will never want to manipulate it and we all know that if you do not keep well your filter, the aquarium will suffer, your fish so notaránâ € |elije a filter that is easy to handle. As you see, There are many factors that influence the purchase decision last, Fortunately're in the best site dedicated to selling aquarium filter.