The plant Duckweed also called Lemna minor, has been developing in aquatic ecosystems a very important and significant role, as these aquarium plants floating They offer great protection to the ecosystem and also they act indirectly or directly as a food for the organisms around them where they reproduce. Nevertheless, the growth of duckweed sometimes, for easy playback, They can affect the environment where they are causing the problems hinder the continuous flow of water. This botanical family consists of vegetables They are free floating plants, They are therefore not cling to the muddy or sandy beds ponds and other wetlands that may be stagnating. This plant the germinated lentils is tiny form a green sheet, where at the bottom makes contact with water a tiny roots are formed. This plant growing lentils in natural areas are reproduced in abundance, They are very useful for feeding red fish They found in cold water etc., equally help filter the light in tropical ponds They are offering this dim lighting. Here are some important factors associated with duckweed Lemna minor:
Duckweed - Features
- The duckweed plant has the scientific name Lemna Minor.
- Its common habitat is marshes, tranquil rivers, lakes and freshwater pools.
- These floating plants green leaves have oval, with some measures 1 a 4 centimeters. Every little leaf has its own root hanging in the water and measures approximately 1 a 2 centimeters in water.
- These cultures floating plants are constituted by three or 4 individuals who rarely produce flowers, and when rarely produce are very tiny that measure 1 mm diameter.
- The seeds of duckweed plants are very small that only measure 1 and eight millimeters.
- These floating plants perfectly They suit any lighting, however when they are in the process of developing its lifecycle need an average light € "high for many hours a day.
- The growth of duckweed You can withstand pH levels far below usually. And it can occur at temperatures between 5 and 30, however the best for your good life cycle ranging from 15th and 18th
- This floating plant It helps reduce nitrates, and can help reduce the appearance of algae.
- It is a monoecious plant that has unisexual flowers.
- Male plants composes one stamen and pistil female constituent consisting only carpel.
- Its asexual reproduction is by division, although it may also be produced by germination.
Distribution and habitat
- Easytest with 50 test strips water.
- Strips for analysis 6 important water values in 1 minute.
- nitrites (NO2) de zero a ten mg/l.
- Mide el pH de 6,four a 9,zero.
Lentil plant has a common distribution. It is a plant that It occurs in regions of America, Australia, Asia and Europe, tropical and subtropical regions. These floating floors can be formed in varying temperatures being optimal conditions ranges from 15 ° to 18 ° adapting to any lighting. In a calm habitat, high nutrient phosphate and nitrogen You can grow very fast. It can slow development however iron, the best that can tolerate pH ranging from 4,5 Y 7,5. Notably they found in bogs, nutrient-rich waters, ponds and rivers.
The aquarium has no specific conditions to its pH and water hardness, and that the benefits of duckweed is that It supports the lack of filters to debug the quality of water.
This floor also They can be kept in tanks that have no filter or aerating, but if it is recommended that they receive light Pure.
The lighting It should be strong preference, must be abundant throughout the day twelve to fourteen hours. Duckweed It helps filter the light of the peceras they need soft lighting.
Substrate and Fertilization
This water plant requires no substrate in view is a floating floor which it is formed and grows on the surface. It is advisable to always have separate culture where you can go pulling out as go according to need.
This type of water plants have simple floral organs very small, Y it is common reproductive propagation is via germination. But you can also reproduce asexually, This means that small buds develop very similar to the mother plant that flow from it, forming a thick green wool immediately. Reproduction is extremely fast.
In ponds, Very few care needs duckweed, in many places it can be considered a pest of the aquarium for its reproduction very fast. But at the same speed reproduced is also just as easy and quick to remove water, and how to avoid being played is thoroughly clean the area to prevent it from spreading again. Plant lentils It is recommended because it is floating; remains on the surface and fish can nest, however it is not advisable to offer floating fish food, that he gets trapped and damaged Lentil. Ecologically duckweed is beneficial for their adaptability and interaction with other species, It is a positive for the habitat where it grows, because it helps the light to remain subdued in tropical ponds. It also benefits the environment, as it helps the treatment of wastewater contaminants and absorbing part of food for pets. All this brings great benefits, in environmental and ecological part so as duckweed play a very important role.
Do not you know where to buy water letejas? Do not worry, Here you can get duckweed for your aquarium:
- 3 plastic bags with small plants 6 x 10 cm.
- 3 x one thousand + plants.
- UPS envío Specific 1-2 days
- The article is easy to install and use. Fairly dirty things from the bottom of your aquarium effectively. Support two sizes of pipe…
- Siphon tube supplied. Caudal 520 liters per hour.
- With this tool, You can remove dirt from the bottom of your aquarium. Supplied with two sizes of suction tube, It is suitable for…
- It can also be used as a water trap to change the water, or to empty your aquarium when connecting a hose to the outlet.