Aquarium shrimp Beginners
A gambario, shrimp tank aquarium, can be as attractive and addictive as a fish aquarium. The big advantage is that gambarios They require little space and they are so visually appealing, as it can be any traditional aquarium. They are a perfect alternative to have on a child's bedroom, in the office or in the classroom of a class. Wherever space is limited, but we want to feel the magic of an aquarium. When you start with many doubts arise gambario, between them what kind of shrimp aquarium are the most resistant and suitable for a beginner. The first thing to say is that the shrimp aquarium, should not be included in a aquarium with fish, because we run the risk of them becoming the food of these. Shrimp aquarium are optimal for an independent aquarium, a planted aquarium or an aquarium invertebrates. At the same the variety of freshwater fish available is huge aquarium, the variety of shrimp aquarium so is. Some varieties of prawns are very difficult to care, Nevertheless, others are quite easy to care for and more resistant to possible errors we commit as beginners.
Types of shrimp aquarium
summarizing much, There are three main types of prawns, Neocaridinas, Caridinas y Sulawesi. Each of the different groups, It has its own characteristics, that make them more or less suitable for beginners.
They are the most appropriate group for beginners. characteristics:
- While supporting fluctuations in water parameters.
- Good resistance temperature variations.
- Do not require osmosis.
- The most common varieties are very cheap.
- They are easy to breed in the aquarium, with a very high survival rates.
- Against it should be noted that hybridize easily between them. It is not advisable to mix different colors species, because the after two or three generations, we will have lost its appeal.
They require more care than prawns Neocaridinas, although some varieties stand out for their simplicity of care. characteristics:
- Hybridization is not a problem, the opposite, We can get copies very interesting.
- They are more demanding parameters water.
- The temperature of the water should not exceed 26º.
- They are more expensive than Neocardinas.
- Some varieties have very low survival rates.
They are the hardest to keep prawns for a beginner, why are not among the most popular among rookies.
- Required quality parameters of the demanding water.
- They need high temperature, above 27 ° C.
- You have to add specific sales, to manage the pH of the water.
- It is necessary to treat water from the aquarium with osmosis.
Selection of shrimp aquarium for beginners
The variety of shrimp aquarium is immense, also by species with different colorations, It is generating a huge amount of information. I reduced the number of prawns for beginners three, I think may be the most appropriate when you're starting:
Prawn aquarium Neocaridina davidi, It is one of the most popular dwarf shrimps among beginners in the aquarium hobby. One of the reasons and the AUPAN to the high 1, between prawns for beginners, is that It is not very picky about the quality of water, It is possible to breed in the aquarium and is very decorative. It comes from Taiwan and although its natural color is between green brownish, the most recurring in stores is the variety acuariofilia purple cherry shrimp o gambas cherry, pink to deep red coloration. Gambario need some 19 liters, fully cycling, in which we take refuge proportional hideouts, especially if you share space with other varieties.
Caridina Multidentata (Amano Shrimp)
The gamba Caridina Multidentata takes on behalf of the aquarist Takashi Amano, who gave great popularity. Popular striking is that these prawns lack of color, what may appear to rest some excitement and attractive. His popularity has earned the as They are very strong and they have a great appetite for algae, gambario keeping clean at all times of their undesirable presence. They are somewhat larger than the prawns very peaceful cherry, but they have the disadvantage that it is almost impossible to raise them in a normal aquarium. The size ideally suited for these prawns is about 38 liters. To the As with all shrimp aquarium, must provide hiding places to protect your privacy: aquarium plants, lumber, rocasa € | If the aquarium has enough algae, It is neither necessary nor feed them, but always should supplement your diet with specific food for shrimps.
Palaemonetes (ghost shrimp)
curiously shrimp or ghost shrimp They are usually sold as cheap food for fish, Nevertheless, They are very hardy and they can live with quality of water deteriorated very, where other shrimp aquarium could not survive, which they make them an excellent choice for a beginner. The only drawback with shrimp gender Palaemonetes, is that Some varieties can be somewhat aggressive and if we introduce a Community gambario, may disturb other species. A variety that usually works very well Palaemonetes palodusus, that does not grow too much and is quite quiet. If you know any other gamba you think for ease of care should be in this list, I would love to contrast the information and include it.
- The article is easy to install and use. Remove the dirty things from the bottom of your aquarium effectively. Support two sizes of pipe…
- Siphon tube supplied. Caudal 520 liters per hour.
- With this tool, You can remove dirt from the bottom of your aquarium. Supplied with two sizes of suction tube, It is suitable for…
- It can also be used as a water trap to change the water, or to empty your aquarium when connecting a hose to the outlet.